Life In The Gutter
Leaves, dirt, saplings, and other life in your gutter can mean the destruction of your home.
At first glance, an overflowing gutter may look a bit comical. Packed with leaves, twigs, dirt, and other life, the task of carrying water away from your home may just be too tall an order. Bending and bursting, clogged gutters spill gallons of water to areas of your home vulnerable to erosion or absorption. And that is no laughing matter.
Gutter Cleaning may seem a simple enough task to DIY, and yet is easily forgotten or procrastinated. Unfortunately, the reminder usually comes in the form of another issue. Problems such as stained siding, bowed gutters, water pooling at the foundation, or worse still, dampness or leaking into cracked foundations, walls, ceilings, and basements. What was a simple job has now cascaded into a major problem.
Gutter Cleaning actually bears a huge impact on the health and life span of your home. Meant for the purpose of keeping your home clean and dry, left unmanaged, clogged gutters can actually reduce the life span of your entire home. That is bad for your wallet and bad for the planet! Repair, replacement, and renovation costs due to neglect far outweigh the small cost of a regularly maintained Professional Gutter Cleaning.
Advantages of a Professional Gutter Cleaning:
- DIY is not always cut and dry. Consider all the factors: ladder safety, having a safety partner, having tools while on a ladder, reaching without proper ladder contact, airborne debris causing eye and nose allergens, not to mention the time to properly do the job once you have obtained all of your materials, as well as running water (hopefully) through your unclogged gutter. Any issues could turn an afternoon job into a weekend project, costing you your precious time and energy.
- Professional Technicians are trained to look for areas of your home that may have damage, and issues that could lead to bigger problems. Knowledge is Power.
- Regular Maintenance of Gutters means a longer life span not only for your gutters, but also your roof, siding, foundation, fascia, and even the interior of your home.
- Regular Gutter Cleaning means your Roof and Siding will also stay cleaner longer, as moisture, debris, and algae will not have a resting place, and therefore a breeding ground in which to propagate. This also means a longer life for your roof, as shingles are a common food source for roof algae known as Gloeocapsa Magma.
- Keeping pooled and stagnant water away from your home also means less possibility of mold and mildew entering into your home, causing allergies and health issues.
- Cleaned, empty gutters serve to protect your home during some of the volatilities of the seasons, including heavy rainstorms in spring and summer, falling leaves in autumn, and ice damming in winter.
- Protect your investment. Long term regular care means less waste for the environment, and more money in your pocket.
Annual Professional Roof and House Washing coupled with Semi-Annual Professional Gutter Cleanings will help to keep your house and home pristine, clean, and dry. Professional Gutter Cleaning can be scheduled any time, but is essential prior to Spring as well as prior to and post Autumn. Don’t procrastinate or rely on DIY. Trust the Grime Fighters to keep your life out of the gutter! Get your FREE QUOTE NOW and schedule your Autumn Gutter Cleaning.