HOME HAZARDS: Preventing Damage Exploited by Services.
Damage Control is defined as: Action taken to limit the damaging effects of an accident or error. In this context, we are referencing the control of potential damage by the homeowner. Of what kind of hazards should the homeowner be aware? And how can damage be avoided altogether?
- Loose Shingles and Roof Damage. Cleaning a roof in disrepair can lead to Roof Rot, as well as interior mildew and mold growth.
- Non-functioning (full, broken, unsecure) Gutters. Roof solution leaks lead to damaged landscaping. Grime Fighters reclaims ALL of our roof solution. Damaged gutters inhibit or prevent this process.
- Gaps. Where siding is not properly overlapped, Powerwash solution can leak behind these areas.
- Waterproof Outlet Covers. Deteriorating gaskets no longer seal the cover, protecting it from water. Outlet covers in disrepair can cause electrical damage.
- Loose or Broken Concrete/Sidewalks. Deterioration or cracks can be accentuated by Flat Surface Cleaning.
- Broken Seals/Gaskets cause leaking into windowsills and walls.
- Damaged glass can create fogging.
- Brittle screens may not hold up to cleaning, and could even become a safety hazard to technicians.
According to the website msba.org, there are “5 Rules for Damage Control.”
- TELL THE TRUTH. “…if you don’t tell the truth, you’ll lose credibility…”
- TELL IT FIRST. “If you don’t, someone else will.”
- TELL IT ALL. “The more you can tell of your story, the more you’ll control it.”
- TELL IT FAST. “The world moves at the speed of Twitter…to protect your reputation, you must move with it.”
- TELL IT TO THE PEOPLE WHO MATTER MOST. “A person…should care most about the people who really care.”
In short, if you are aware of any neglect or damage to your home, honesty is the best policy. Better still, would be to TAKE ACTION and address an area of neglect or damage BEFORE scheduling a service. This gives the homeowner peace of mind by doing their part, giving a service company peace of mind, so they can do theirs.
As a last resort, our Grime Fighter Technicians are trained to recognize and point out these areas of potential hazard prior to the service. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to have the house in good repair before we come. As listed in Grime Fighters Terms & Conditions, we are NOT RESPONSIBLE for any damage to the home due to disrepair. Our 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE comes from within the quality of our work, not damage from neglect.
Grime Fighters takes great care when it comes to your home. When kindness is coupled with honesty, it reaps a far better outcome for all.